When a boy wants to go on a camping or hiking, he’ll need some essential items. These items should collect in his pack. For a good preparation of day hiking essentials, these elements must need. But which are most important for a scout hiking? In this post, we will discuss Boy Scout 10 essentials for hiking.
Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking
This hiking essentials list is important for the scout boy. For an enjoyable hiking, every scout boy needs ten hiking essentials. They are:
1. Pocket Knife:
A pocket knife is a more important essential for a scout in hiking. It will be needed for various purposes. Such as, for cutting a rope, fruits, branch of a tree, vegetable for cooking, and also various kind of activity. So a small pocket knife is one of the Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking. But which pocket knife is best and perfect for a Boy Scout camp checklist in hiking? After a lot of research, we have discovered that the “Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Pocket Knife “is very balanced and helpful for scout boy hiking.
Pretty Features of This Pocket Knife:
- This pocket knife is perfect for boys or scout. It has 12 functions for working on every situation and 2.45″ large blade, small blade,
- Including screwdriver for Phillips, large and small screwdriver for bottle openers and others activity.
- It is constructed with stainless steel that encased in polished red ABS scales.
- The logo is designed with Boy Scout camping checklist of America that sleek durability.
- This pocket knife is manufactured and license by the boy scout of America and it will be hit instantly at your next camp out.
- The size is: – Length: 3.58” (91mm), Height: .551”, Weight: 2.187 oz.
- It provides a lifetime warranty and guarantees against depending in material and workmanship.
- Made in Switzerland.
2. First Aid Kit:
In your hiking in the forest, you need to take some adhesive bandages or moleskin for Boy Scout first aid kit reason. You may face different kind of situation and effect by various kind of accident. Then you will use this first aid kits by putting over a blister. So it is a very necessary element for your hiking essentials for beginners trip pack. In this time there is a most wonderful first aid kit in the market. That name is, “First Aid Kit Hard Red Case 326 Pieces”
Why You Use This First Aid Kit?
- It is #1 first aid kit in the USA that made by US own leading manufacturer.
- For first aid treatment product it includes 326 pieces for comprehensive.
- It is manufactured by FDA for its highest quality and standards for adults, Boy Scout and kid’s emergency.
- Useful for family use at home and also for most businesses.
- All interior compartments are useful and provide quick access.
- The case of this wonderful system is sturdy, Rugged and high-density plastic that resistant from out impact.
- There are two separate layers kits for small and large first aid product.
- For easy access and refill it designed as the tilting shelves.
- For storage security, it compacts with wall mounts or folds.
- Case dimensions are 13″ x 12″ x 4″.
3. Extra Clothing:
For day hiking essentials extra clothing is very important. Sometimes weather can be changed with startling swiftness, the extremes of heat, cold and storms. In this situation, you can protect yourself with your cloth. So need some extra clothing that you can remove or add as the weather changes. The rain and snow temperatures require more attention at what you wear as additional clothing. For these matters, it is included as the Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking.
4. Rain Gear:
For protecting yourself from the rain you need to take in your pack a rain suit. If you have a waterproof hiking bag and rain suit then you are safe from rain. But which is perfect for Boy Scout rain suit for hiking? After a lot of research, we have seen that the “Frogg Toggs All Sports Rain Suit “is appropriate.
Why It Is Perfect:
- This rain suit is 100% Polypropylene.
- It is the imported product that has much popularity in the USA.
- Nowadays it is used as all sports rain suit.
- Perfect for all sports rain suit.
- This jacket is the full length and easy movement.
- Waist cutting system including a hood that adjustable and detachable.
- A full zip front with waterproof storm flap and guttered cover.
- Elongated rear cape.
- Comfortable and easy elastic sleeve openings.
- Pants 1″ elastic waistband with adjustable cord and cord lock.
- For its Classic straight-leg design it is easy for leg openings.
- For flexible fit and comfort, it is Four-panel cut.
5. Water Bottle:
A water bottle is important for your hiking. When you walk for a long time you must feel thirst. Then you need to drink cool water. It is not only a hot season. But you need the water bottle in the winter season too. In summer season it will be your real partner. So you can take a water bottle at first. When water will be finished you can fill up if you get pure water source. Thus you can finish your hiking trip with comfortable way. There is a wonderful water bottle at this time. We naturally use this bottle when we go any camping, hiking, traveling or hunting trip; we got it as a beneficial water bottle. That name is “LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle with 2-Stage Integrated Filter Straw”
Why It Is Beneficial:
- A great water bottle for reuse.
- It has a Go BPA-free water bottle filters system while drinking.
- Appropriate for traveling, camping, backpacking, and emergency kits.
- It is an Award-winning product from LifeStraw for its fiber membrane filter.
- This great water filter system removes from water all kind of pollution like bacteria and protozoa and keeps your water drinkable. So you can use also lake water for drinking.
- This water filter has 2-stage activated carbon filter that helps to reduce chlorine and odor from water and make Useful to drink.
- The important item is one of Boy Scout 10 essentials for hiking.
- You may get this water fresh that free from 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites without chemicals, iodine or batteries.
- Great system available for adding and drinking water easily.
6. Flashlight or Headlamp:
A flashlight is including as Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking. Everyone has the desire to return home before the night. Sometimes it does not possible. Naturally, this happens on your long journey. Thought yourself that, you are in the middle of the forest, for any cause you cannot able to return to your home or tent in the light of the sun. Now the sun is set. You are in the dark of night, Cannot fix a street to come back.
So what to do? In this situation, a flashlight or headlamp can help you in finding the way for returns in your goal. It also helps you in the night for all activities. We know a great product that we generally use in our every camping and hiking trip. You also buy this flashlight or headlamp from this address that name is: “LED Headlamp Flashlight with Red Led Light & FREE Batteries”
7. Trail Food:
Trail food will be needed for emergency supply. If you run out of sooner and you cannot take the meal from your home or center than the trail food will be important. If you walk for a long time you will be tired. For returned your energy you need to take some food and drink. So if you have a trail food and a water bottle then you are safe and you may go where you wish. This is an excellent trail food pack that we are taking in our backpack. That name is “Greenbelly Backpacking Meals, All Natural Meal Bars (30 Variety)”
Common Features Of This Trail Food Pack:
- The food is ready to eat. No need to cook. Just open your tear and starting eating.
- Does not need a stove, dishes, or mess.
- One of the common Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking.
- It has two big meal packed that full of food. Each meal is Easier, faster and lighter than cooking.
- There are 200 calories snack in every bar. It provides a whopping 650 calories and over 5 oz. of performance food for the trail.
- Including 33% nutrition of Calories, Carbs, Protein, Sodium, Fat, and Fiber.
- The taste is like heaven.
- All elements of the meal are natural and gluten-free.
- It is granted that you must be satisfied when you finished the eating.
For Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking, you need a firestarter in your pack. When you take plan you need to consider properly at your shelter, clothing, and meals. But you do not know which situation you will face. For backup your fire you may take an extra match with your pack. it will help you to cook, for hot your body in a cool position. We discover a fine match or fire starter that is very perfect for every place. The title name is: “Fire Starter Survival Fire Rod Striker 1/2″ X 5”. Super Thick Rod DIY Survival Kit (127mm)”
9. Sun Protection:
Nowadays many people are affected by sunburn injuries. It is caused for a long time Sunshine without any skin protection. So you need to use some sunshine protected gear such as a long-sleeved, a broad-brimmed hat, and a shirt and long pants. At least, an SPF of 15, a sunglass is also important for your hiking. As an example of sun protection, you may use a cap that helps to protect your head, face, and Throat from the sun. That name is “ICOLOUR Sun Caps Flap Hats UV 360° Solar Protection UPF 50+ Sun Cap Shade Hat”
10. Map And Compass
A compass is important for founding you’re staying location. In your traveling, it helps in finding the right way to reach your goal. When you are navigating over the water or across a country. Then your map helps to Show up the appropriate direction. So you may carry a map in your pack with a simple compass that you have practicing clearly. A simple compass for Boy Scout is “Eyeskey Waterproof Multifunctional Military Aluminum Alloy Compass, Boy Scout“. It is perfect for Boy Scout hiking.
At last, we can say that these Boy Scout 10 Essentials for Hiking are very important. So, before hiking, you must collect these requirements.